Short Story Writing Contest
Interac e-transfer payment now available
New this year – a contest for elementary students!
To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the CFUW Short Story Competition, in addition to the secondary school contest for Grades 9-12, we have expanded the contest to include a distinct contest for elementary students in Grades 6-8.
Students in both divisions will begin their 750-word stories with the question, “When did it all go wrong?” The competition is open to students in York Region and Bradford/West Gwillimbury and closes February 24, 2020.
HOW TO SUBMIT ENTRIES
- Click on the button below to fill out the registration form for your entry.
- Entry fee is $5 for elementary students (Gr. 6-8) and $10 for secondary students (Gr. 9-12)
- Payment may also be made by cash or a cheque made payable to CFUW Aurora/Newmarket.
- Stories may be mailed or dropped off to this address:
CFUW Aurora/Newmarket Writing Contest
c/o Metroland Media
580-B Steven Court,
Newmarket, Ontario L3Y 6Z2
- Entries must be received or postmarked by 11:59 PM on February 24, 2020 to be eligible.